Work from anywhere and on any system
The Citrix-Portal-Neptun is accessed via browser under this URL: https://neptun.wi.hs-wismar.de
- Log in with your ITSMZ credentials
- To use the portal in the HTML5 version, please select "Use light version".
- After successful registration you will see a blank page and your name in the upper right corner. This page offers the possibility to save favorites, see section Favorites Management.
- Now select the "APPS" area and the applications authorized for you will be displayed.
- Start an application by double-clicking it. Another tab of your browser opens, in which the application is displayed. Note: The first start of an application can take a small moment (approx. 20s), this is the first logon to the server. For more information, see startup behavior.
- You end the session by clicking on the Citrix icon (1.). A submenu opens and please select (2.). You now have the option to end or disconnect the session (3.).
- You can end the Citrix Portal Neptune by clicking on your name in the top right-hand corner and then selecting "Logout".
With the Citrix-Portal-Neptun (Citrix-Store) the Faculty of Economics offers you access to the applications and desktops relevant for teaching. Access to the applications or desktops is via a browser, it is independent of the operating system and no client installation is required.
Access and registration - see Quickstart - above.
An excerpt of the applications provided can be found below:
- Office 2016 (Access, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Word)
- Applications (BlueJ, DATEV, IBM SPSS Statistics, Knime, Perbitinsight, Prolog, PTV Smartour, SAP)
- Web research (Beck-Online, Juris, SpringerLink)
(The applications provided are user-dependent, i.e. some applications may not be visible to some users!
The Citrix Store and its applications are supported for all Windows, Mac, Linux, IOS and Android based systems. The Citrix client, also called Citrix receiver, is available in two versions for each of the aforementioned systems - as software client or as HTML5 version. The faculty recommends using the Citrix receiver for HTML5.
Questions or Problems
Citrix-Receiver for HTML5
The Citrix receiver for HTML5 used in Citrix Portal Neptun is operating system independent and a client installation is not necessary - see Access - Quickstart - above
After successful login and start of the selected application another browser tab opens. The tab corresponds to a connection to the server (session) in which the application was started and is displayed. If several applications are started that are also installed on the server, they are displayed in the same tab. Applications that are displayed in another tab are installed on other servers - new sessions to the server, for example Knime or DATEV.
Each tab contains the menu of the Citrix receiver, which is located at the top in the middle of the tab and is displayed completely by a single click (see illustrations).
The startup behavior depends on the installation location of the applications, i.e. applications installed on a server start faster after the initial logon. An initial logon corresponds to logging on to a terminal server or desktop PC and is performed automatically when the first application is started. Most standard applications are installed on a server, for example, the applications in the Web Research and Office 2016 categories, which means that applications from this area start immediately from the second application.
Special applications such as DATEV, Oracle or Knime are installed on independent servers, which means that a further initial logon (approx. 20s) is performed when such an application is started.
The following icons are included in the menu bar, the meaning of which can be seen in the table below.
Hiding the menu bar
Turning the Full Screen On or Off
The application appears borderless as if it were installed locally on your system.
The full screen mode can be ended with ESC.
This allows you to save searched files of any type on your local PC, laptop or MAC. The location depends on your browser settings, in most cases the Downloads folder is preset.
You can use this icon to upload documents that have already been created for further processing.
This symbol is required if you want to copy text passages from your device to the application. Matches Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V
Under this sub-menu point you will find the functions shown in the picture.
The Citrix receiver contains a task bar on which the running applications of a session are stored (see picture). It is located in the lower part of the tab. The active application is grayed out, a change of application is done by a simple mouse click.
If you want the taskbar to be hidden automatically or only icons of the application to be displayed, simply right-click on the taskbar. A small selection menu is displayed (see picture).
The Favorites menu item allows you to add or remove applications that you use frequently to the start page of your Citrix Store.
To add, proceed as follows:
- Click Details of the application you want to add as a favorite.
Click on "add to favorites".
- The application is now displayed on the Favorites page.
To remove, proceed as follows:
Click on Details of the application you want to remove.
- Click on "remove".
There are two variants of data storage.
Variant I - Data on server
You can save your created documents, searches or results in your own home drive (H:) by simply selecting "Save as" in the application and then drive H:. For a Word document it would look like this:
Variant II - Data on own device
With this variant, you save your data on your own device. Select "Save as" in the application and this time select "Save to own device" (see illustration).
If you click on "Save", the file will be saved in your default download folder of the browser.