International – Welcome to Wismar
“The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” (G.K. Chesterton)
Travel changes you. There is no better opportunity to learn more about your own culture than when you examine it in new situations. A semester abroad enlarges your view of the world, develops your interpersonal, linguistic and academic learning skills, and gives you an opportunity to see other cultures in context. These types of skills are essential in today’s global world, and not only in your professional life.
We offer suitable travel opportunities to our own staff and students, as well as to visiting staff and students. If you are a registered foreign student or graduate, you can choose to do a degree course with us, or come for one or two exchange semesters. If you do not qualify as a student in Europe yet, you can do our foundation course and then study further. Please follow the links below for more information.
If you are a student or staff member of our university, or a foreign university teacher, please contact the International Office to learn more.
We are one of Germany’s leading Universities of Applied Sciences, with a 30-year tradition of welcoming students from other countries to our campus and to our part-time and distance learning programmes. If you come to study with us, you will find:
- A highly academically ranked public, non-profit university
- We have 8 000 students but small, personal classes
- A special programme of studies in English for students on exchange from their home universities
- Six degree courses entirely in English
- An excellent student support and guidance system
- State-of-the-art facilities and a modern campus setting
- Priority and affordable student residences for international students
- A family-friendly campus
- City life with easy access to the great outdoors at the Baltic coast
- Easy access to the Berlin and Hamburg metropolises.