FAQs Consulting services

Health and social issues

Who can help me with problems in academic studies?

The project MEDUS (Mit Erfolg durchs Studium) supports foreign direct students in their studies and wants to contribute to the success of their studies. As part of the project, we offer tutorials in which the course material is repeated and help is provided with questions and problems.

Tutorials are also offered for some courses. The lecturer will point this out to you in the first session of a course. You can also enter "tutorial" in the course search on Stud.IP. There you will find all tutorials that are offered.

Of course, you can also ask your fellow students for help. For short technical questions that do not involve repeating the course material, you can also contact the lecturer. It is best to use the lecturers' office hours for this purpose.

I’ve some questions about study organization like registration of examination. Whom can I ask?

For these questions, the Servicepoint is the first point of contact for you. If you do not have time during the opening hours of the Service Point or if your request is very urgent, you can also call the staff member responsible for your study program at the Immatrikulations- und Prüfungsamts (Tel.:03841/ 7537503) or write an e-mail: servicepoint@hs-wismar.de.


I need pro bono legal service. Whom can I ask?

There are two possibilities:

  • Student legal advice: business law students help you with legal problems. They’re instructed by lawyers.
  • Student services "Rechtsberatung des Studierendenwerks": Lawyers help you with legal problems.

(Unfortunately the information on the website is only available in German. If you need any help please don’t hesitate to contact us.)

I need psychological counseling (e. g. because of exam nerves). Who can help me?

Student services offer psychological counseling.

(Unfortunately the information on the website is only available in German. If you need any help please don’t hesitate to contact us.)

I’ve questions about health insurance. Whom can I ask?

A consultant of "Techniker Krankenkasse" is every Tuesday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm on the campus (house 18).

Here you will find the corresponding QR code.

If you've got another health insurance please go to their office.

Who can advise me about internships and jobs in Germany?

The Robert-Schmidt-Institut at Wismar University of Applied Sciences works for the IQ-Netzwerk Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. Among other things, it provides support in the search for an internship and the perfect application.

Further information on internships can also be obtained from the internship officers of the individual faculties.

Mr. José Miguel Flores V. also helps you to find internships and to apply for jobs.