Degree Courses taught in English/Russian
The degree courses you see below are on offer to both local and foreign students who speak English (Russian) fluently and meet the other admission requirements. Each degree has its own admission requirements that you are invited to read through by following the links. In addition, if you are a foreign student you may want to know the special advantages that Wismar has for you. Please look below to learn more!
The Master Degree Course Architecture is designed to deepen the skills acquired in the Bachelor’s degree course and to set a focus for individual professional aptitudes. It has a modular organization and is project-oriented. The Course in is very internationally focused, the lectures are offered in German as well as in English language.
To be considered for admission, a candidate must submit proof of the following qualifications
- Official, certified copy of original Bachelor Degree Certificate in the field of architecture, including a transcript of records of all semesters together with its certified translation into English or German. The grade point average must be at least 2,3 or better on the German scale.
- Motivation letter, CV and a portfolio of previous work
- Proof of sufficient command of German language (not necessary, only for study in German language) or proof of sufficient command of English knowledge (TOEFL 550 or IELTS
Admissions to this degree course are carried out by means of a selection procedure. This is based on a written application to be enclosed with the application for admission. Application deadline is 15th January for the summer term and 15th July for the winter term.
Architectural Lighting Design, Master
Graduates holding a Bachelor of Arts degree, or a traditional German degree in engineering from a university of applied sciences or university (Diplom Ing. (FH) or Diplom Ing. respectively) in architecture, interior design or a related degree course of a national or international university. Students must demonstrate their command of the English language by means of an appropriate certificate (e.g. TOEFL) as the course is predominantly held in English.
Admissions to this degree course are carried out by means of a selection procedure. This is based on a written application to be enclosed with the application for admission. Applicants may be invited to attend an interview as part of this selection procedure. Closing date for application: 1st May of the current year.
German and International Commercial Law, Master
- First professional degree in a Bachelor's degree programme or a degree programme with at least comparable qualification in the subject of law or a subject of business law from a national or international higher education institution with at least 210 credit points.
- Applicants with a degree totalling 180 credit points shall have completed the first semester of a Master's degree programme or a degree programme with a comparable qualification at the partner university with 30 credit points, provided that evidence of the corresponding study and examination achievements is submitted.
- Knowledge of the English language must be proven
Details on admission can be found in the corresponding regulations.
Information and Electrical Engineering, Master
To be considered for admission to the Master’s programme in Information and Electrical Engineering, a candidate must submit proof of the following qualifications:
- academic degree (Bachelor, Master, Diploma) in a related field of study obtained from a national or international university
- first academic degree with at least 210 credit points (applicants with an academic degree totalling 180 credit points may obtain the residual 30 credit points by applying for an individual study plan which has to be confirmed by the examination board)
- a sufficient and proven command of English (at least 70 points in the internet-based TOEFL test or the equivalent of 5.5 in the IETS)
Maritime Logistics/Port Management online, Bachelor, Distance study
Admission to the online Maritime Logistics and Port Management bachelor’s degree course requires the following:
A university entrance qualification, which can be
› Direct access
- Advanced International Certificate of Education (AICE)
- Cambridge Pre-U
- General Certificate of Education - Advanced Level / Advanced Subsidiary Level
- International Advanced Level
- Scottish Qualifications Certificate (SQC)
› Competence in English. Applicants whose native language is not English have to demonstrate, through appropriate documentation, that they can complete this course. For example: a TOEFL test with minimum certification of level B2.
International Management, Master
To be considered for admission to the Master’s programme in International Management, a candidate must submit proof of the following qualifications;
•a sufficient and proven command of English (at least 80 points in the internet-based TOEFL test or the equivalent of 6.0 in the IETS),
•a recognised Bachelor’s degree (not a post-graduate qualification) in business administration or engineering, and
a final average mark in the Bachelor’s degree awarded equivalent to at least 2,0 on the German scale and 210 European Credit Transfer Points (ECTS).
A candidate without this mark or number of ECTS must prove special suitability by a combination of various criteria.
In addition, candidates from outside the European Union must take in English and submit a TestAS test for Economics result, or the APS substitute test where appropriate.
Lighting Design, Master, Distance Study
The professional Master in Architectural Lighting and Design Management is a further education programme. To be admitted into our programme you need to meet the following requirements:
- academic degree (Bachelor, Master, Diploma) in a related field of study (architecture, interior design, design or electrical engineering) obtained from a national or international university, and
- at least one year of professional work experience within the related field after completing your first academic degree
If the first academic degree is not related to the field of study, the approval to study can only be given with proof of professional work experience.
Please contact us to discuss the admission requirements related to your personal situation in detail.
Marine Engineering, bi-national German-Indonesian Bachelor course, Bachelor, dual
Students of the Bachelor’s degree course “Marine Engineering” are enrolled at the University of Wismar and at the Institute Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (ITS) in
Surabaya, Indonesia. The teaching sessions are held at the ITS. Graduates of the course will be awarded the degree “Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.)”.
The admission requirements in accordance with Articles 17 to 19 of Landeshochschulgesetz Mecklenburg-Vorpommern (Regional University Act) must be fulfilled in order to be admitted to the course:
- Higher education entrance qualification for universities and universities of applied sciences or
- verification of another qualification acknowledged as being equivalent in the Federal State of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern or
- passing an entrance examination after completing a period of vocational training, followed by at least three years of working in the profession
- passing an entrance examination after completing at least five years of working in the profession (for applicants without a higher education entrance qualification for universities and universities of applied sciences) or
- passing an examination to complete an advanced training course to become a master craftsman/craftswoman in accordance with Berufsbildungsgesetz (German Vocational Training Act) or Handwerksordnung (German Skilled Trades Regulation Act), as amended from time to time, in a subject area appropriate to the intended course of study.
In addition, the admission requirements in accordance with the Indonesian Universities Act must be met. Credits from periods of study, course achievements and examinations can be transferred. The Board of Examiners will decide on the possibility of the transfer of such credits on a case-to-case basis.
Marine Engineering, Bi-national German-Indonesian Master-Course
- First academic degree in marine engineering or a comparable study course at a national or international university
- The overall grade of the certificate confirming this degree must be at least 2.5 for comparable grade systems or a GPA of 3.75/5.0 for non-comparable grade systems
- A relevant professional practice can improve the overall grade in such a way that an improvement by 0.1 is possible for each completed professional year, but not more than 4 years
- If the overall grade is 3.0 or worse, there is no approval in according to the decision of the examination board
Nautical Sciences/Transport Operations, Bachelor
- Hochschulzugangsberechtigung gemäß §§ 17 bis 19 des Landeshochschulgesetzes M-V
- Nachweis des Abschlusses einer indonesischen "Senior Highschool" (SMA, SMK oder MA) und
- erfolgreich bestandene nationale universitäre Aufnahmeprüfung für Indonesien.
Anmerkung der Hochschule:
Die Studierenden des Bachelorstudienganges „Nautical Sciences/Transport Operations“ sind an der Hochschule Wismar, University of Applied Sciences: Technology, Business and Design eingeschrieben. Der Bachelor-Studiengang wird von der Hochschule Wismar in Indonesien, Semarang in Kooperation mit dem Politeknik Maritim Negeri Indonsia (PoliMARIN) angeboten. Das PoliMARIN ist eine staatlich anerkannte Einrichtung für höhere Bildung mit Schwerpunkt auf dem maritimen Bereich. Die Lehrveranstaltungen finden in den ersten fünf Semestern am PoliMARIN statt, das sechste und siebte Semester sind für das Seepraktikum vorbehalten und das letzte Semester wird an der Hochschule Wismar in Deutschland unterrichtet. Den Absolventen des Studiengangs „Nautical Sciences/Transport Operations“ wird ein Bachelor Zeugnis der Hochschule Wismar verliehen.
Die Prüfungen im Anschluss an das Vorsemester am PoliMARIN dienen als Zulassungsvoraussetzung für die Immatrikulation an der Hochschule Wismar.
Operation and Management of Maritime Systems, Master
- Successful completion of an initial course of study providing professional qualifications (Bachelor’s degree, a German “Diplom” or comparable) of a German or foreign institute of higher education in economics or engineering-related subjects with at least 210 credits.
- If proof of the 210 credits cannot be furnished, application can be made to allow an additional, relevant period of practical working experience of 1 ½ years (in full-time employment) or 3 years (in part-time employment) to be counted towards these credits, whereby the maximum of 30 credits can be transferred.
- The overall mark shown on the certificate verifying successful completion of this course of study must be at least 2.5. If this overall mark is not achieved, a minimum of two engineering modules or the final paper must have been awarded a mark of 2.0 or higher.
- Students will not be admitted to the course of study if the overall mark is 3.0 or lower.
- In individual cases, a decision will be taken in this matter by the Board of Examiners, although this shall remain an exception.
Russian and International Commercial Law, Master
first professional degree "Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)" or in a related degree programme of a national or international higher education institution with at least 180 credit points and an overall grade of 2.5 or better.
if the overall grade of 2.5 cannot be proven, at least two legal modules or the final thesis must have been passed with a module grade of 2.0 or better
if the overall grade is 3.3 or worse, admission will not be granted.
Knowledge of the English language must be proven
Details on admission can be found in the corresponding regulations.
We are one of Germany’s leading Universities of Applied Sciences, with a 30-year tradition of welcoming students from other countries to our campus and to our part-time and distance learning programmes. If you come to study with us, you will find:
- A highly academically ranked public, non-profit university
- We have 8 000 students but small, personal classes
- A special programme of studies in English for students on exchange from their home universities
- Six degree courses entirely in English
- An excellent student support and guidance system
- State-of-the-art facilities and a modern campus setting
- Priority and affordable student residences for international students
- A family-friendly campus
- City life with easy access to the great outdoors at the Baltic coast
- Easy access to the Berlin and Hamburg metropolises.