Applications for full-time studies
If you are a foreign student and want to study full-time for a degree taught in German you are on the right page. You can also read on in German.
If you are an exchange student, please go one step back. The information on this page is not for your needs.
Application for summer semester 2021 only for Master’s degree courses
Application from 1st December 2020 until 15th January 2021
Submission by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only complete applications will be considered and have to be submitted by the deadline.
General documents for application to Master’s degree courses:
- Application form
- Motivation letter
- High School Diploma or Baccalaureat with grading list
- Bachelor Degree with academic transcript
- Language certificate
- German: DSH2 or TestDaF with 4 in all areas or telc C1
- English: IELTS with 6.0 or TOEFL IBT 80 scores
- Portfolio (for Architecture/ Design / Interior Design)
- Proof of special suitability (for International Management)
The most important requirement for applying to a Master’s degree course is an initial qualifying university degree – Bachelor degree. The Bachelor degree should be finished with an average grade of 2.5 or better (corresponding to the German grading scale).
For other countries we have some conversions:
CGPA or points
Application for degree courses in English
Here you find the application form in English.
Please send the application form and all the needed certificates by post.
- Winter semester: 15th July of each year
- Summer semester: 15th January of each year
- For the degree course MA Architectural Lighting Design: 1st May of each year
- for the degree course MA Operation and Management of Maritime Systems: only for winter semester