Changing the degree programme

If you wish to change the university or the degree course, the application should be submitted informally with the Antrag auf Zulassung zum Studium (Application for admission to study) within the registration period for full-time, on-campus degree courses.

The following documents must also be submitted:

  • The grounds for changing the university
  • The informal application to carry out the verification of equivalency 
  • A list of the examination and academic achievements from the degree course to date
  • The examination and academic achievements (copy)
  • A list of the contents of the subjects taught, the academic achievements of which are to be recognised for the continuation of the course of study.

Application for change is to be filed during the time-limits provided for re-registration.

The application is subject to the consent of the faculty which is to take on the student and the Office of Student and Academic Affairs. It should be filed with the General Student Advisory Service in writing, indicating the reasons.