How to apply?
In order to secure a place on the Foundation Course, you should apply to the University of Wismar in the due and proper manner before the closing date for applications. Documents to be submitted:
- Application for admission to embark upon a degree course
- Passport photograph
- Visa for study purposes (tourist visa will not suffice)
- “Abitur” certificate – Advanced Level Examinations as a university entrance qualification (certified copy or official copy)
- Translation of the “Abitur” certificate (certified by a sworn translator)
- Verification of a command of the German language, e.g. passing of the Admission Test in German or the Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung (ZOP) of the Goethe-Institut, which corresponds to level C2 of the Common European Framework (CEF) with 750-900 hours of lessons.
- Proof of academic achievement of your course of study, if applicable (certified copy)
- Translation of the proof of academic achievement of your course of study, if applicable (certified by a sworn translator)
Translations can be submitted in German or English. Original documents in English do not need to be translated. Certified copies of the originals and their translations should be fixed together in such a way so that it is clear they belong together.