Have you run into financial difficulties because of the coronavirus crisis and do you need help?
Here you can find some information
Scholarships for degree completion funded by DAAD – STIBET programme
Target group: international students enrolled at Hochschule Wismar in their last semester, preparing/working on their thesis
Application has to be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application must be written informally and contain the following information:
- Short presentation of the person
- Personal data (address, email, bank account)
- In which phase of the study is the applicant
- For which period is financial support required
- How was the study financed before? What has changed ? (give evidence)
- Why does the applicant need the scholarship? (give evidence)
- Table of assessment/transcript of records
- Copy of registration for thesis / letter from supervisor/professor
Studierendenwerk Rostock-Wismar – Corona Emergency support
If you are living in the dormitory and have problems in paying the monthly rent you have the opportunity to get your rent payment deferred.
Corona Emergency support funded by donations
You can get a one-time payment out of donations for May. Therefore you have to apply at Studierendenwerk Rostock-Wismar.
Application form can be found here: https://www.stw-rw.de/de/soziale-dienste/downloads.html
and use the „Antrag Corona-Nothilfe englisch“ to be submitted by email to: email@example.com
Corona Emergency support by BMBF (Federal Minsitry of Education and Research) through KfW student loan – interest-free loan of up to 650 €/monthly
International students can apply for the KfW- student loan from 1st June 2020 (is limited until March 2021)
Prerequisite is to be residing in Germany; further information you can find here: