Leave of absence
Upon request, it is possible to be granted a leave of absence from your studies for an important reason. As a general rule, this leave of absence can be granted for up to a total of 2 terms.
Leave of absence may be granted on the following grounds:
- Basic military service or community service
- Illness of the student
- Pregnancy or birth of a child (in the case of female students)
- Caring for and looking after persons dependent upon the student
- Course of study at a university abroad
- Practical work, serving the purpose of the degree course
- Absence from the place of study in the interest of the University of Wismar or due to involvement in a research project
- Being under considerable strain due to time-consuming involvement in committees of the University of Wismar, the Student Body or Stundent Union, provided for by law or in terms of the Charter
Application is to be filed informally and in writing, indicating the reason for the leave of absence, and submitted to the Service Point within the time-limit for re-registration prior to the respective term.